Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bye

Why does no one say "bye" or "goodbye" at the end of phone calls anymore? They just hand up when they feel the conversation is over, while i'm left speaking to no one. did i miss something? I hate it when they don't speak during the conversation too, I don't know if they hang up already or what. I'm left to wait on the phone like an idiot until I ask "hello? you there?". I don't know, the whole thing pisses me off. It's like we're so short on time that we can't waste our breath to say a "goodbye" or something like that. It's like we can't afford the time, can't afford the minutes.

5 comments:

writerwoman said...

Manners have really gone out the window in this world. Its sad. My pet peeve are the people who talk on the bluetooth phones and walk around disturing the whole world with their conversations.

Unknown said...

I hate it when people don't talk too.
I also hate it when people SMS or talk on their phones when you're trying to talk to them.

Jessica Shope said...

Me thinks you should shout "GOODBYE" really loud at the end of every conversation. lol.

Anonymous said...

i always say goodbye, wouldn't like the other person to keep talking by him/herself lol then again, since most of my calls consist of a "ok, i'll be there in 3 minutes", a "bye" is kind of unnecessary for the upcoming "hello".

Khalid said...

I haven't seen this happen yet. My friends and I never hang up before saying something to signal that the phone call was about to end. I frequently see on TV shows how a phone-call can begin in "Talk to me!" and end with a click of a button rather than any spoken words, which has never happened to me - thank God!
But I agree with writerwoman, manners have really become a rarity nowadays and I wouldn't be surprised if people actually did that now.